Posted to users@camel.apache.org by huntc <hu...@mac.com> on 2008/10/29 08:27:15 UTC

Spring/Camel deployment in Geronimo

Me again.

I now have my super-dupa Camel application running within a Spring
application context. All is well.

Now it is time to think about deployment. I'm quite keen on pursuing an
Apache Geronimo path. Can anyone point to some online guidance in terms of
what must be done to enable my Spring/Camel application to be deployed to
Geronimo?

This might be a more general question around deploying a spring application
in a J2EE application container. I have googled around but I'm not much
better for the experience.

Thanks again for this forum's wonderful help.

Kind regards,
Christopher

RE: Spring/Camel deployment in Geronimo

Posted by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>.
Hi

The standard JEE web deployment model should really be supported and work out-of-the-box.

I even got it working on WebSphere using .war so if it runs there then it runs anywhere ;) Ok just kidding, but this deployment model is proven and anybody more or less knows how to do it.

Just do it the standard spring way in web.xml with a spring context listener.

See this tutorial how to do it:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tutorial-on-using-camel-in-a-web-application.html

If you want to specifiy where your spring (=camel) .xml file should be instead of as above as WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml. See the camel-example-axis example in the camel distro.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21