Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/13 19:41:19 UTC

Adding Apache Arrow to Apache Bigtop project

Hi all,
My name is Amir Sanjar from OpenPOWER foundation. My team and I have been
working on porting and optimizing Apache Arrow for Power8. We believe
Apache Arrow would be a good addition to Apache bigtop. Any thoughts on
that? We will do the required technical work (for both x86 and Power)  but
could appreciate having a mentor.
I also have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2389

Re: Adding Apache Arrow to Apache Bigtop project

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
Valid points Cos.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
One thing we've done at Mahout for managing tentative or user-supported
work in our "examples" section is to just have people contribute a script
that will go to a user-maintained repo for code and installation
instructions.

Could be a way to manage "incubating" new Bigtop components and turn the
integration work outwards to projects who want to be included.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.