Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/20 15:31:31 UTC

Directory project big maneuvers...

Hi !

for those who are following what's going on at Directory, and especially
those trying to extend the project (thinking about Raju), we are
currently working hard trying to close a LDAP API release, ApacheDS
release, and Studio release. This comes with a price to pay: a bit of
instability, a lot of git pull and some associated burden.

The LDAP API project is pretty much in good shape. We had a release a
couple of weeks ago, and some other changes are under way. We could
pretty well be able to cut a 2.0.0-RC1 soon.

ApacheDS is in a more complex situation. There are 391 opened issues
(most of them are already postponed to 2.1: 250 actually). If we focus
on issues opened for 2.0.0.AM26, we are taking about 30 issues, 121 if
we include 2.0.0-RC1. This is a loty of work, but we have already fixed
more or less 30 issues in the last 2 weeks.

Stefan is trying his best to follow up - and is pretty successful in
that, considering all the pain we create for him ;-) -and Studio is also
in a good shape.Hopefully, it will be released very soon after ApacheDS
and LDAP-API will be released.

Fortress migration to 2.0 should not be that problematic.

I expect that in the coming weeks we will be able to have a decent
ApacheDS release, with fixed installers (this is the main burden atm).

That's it, feel free to add something to what I just wrote, Stefan,
Colm, Shawn or anyone !

Emmanuel

Re: Directory project big maneuvers...

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Actually, this performance tax can be avoided. We creata a temporary
KeyStore for every single test class, when we would only need it for the
tests related to TLS. We could use a common KeyStore that is added to
the class resources, and avoid creating it. That would speed up the
tests quite a bit, I think (we are talking about minutes saved, not
seconds !)

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Just FTR,

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Just FTR,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Emmanuel,

I'm currently using latest 2.0.0.AM26-SNAPSHOT of apacheds-test-framework
And getting following error while trying to load .ldif file with test users
(
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/openmeetings-web/src/test/resources/schema/users.ldif
)

Can someone please help me get rid of this error?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
ERR_13247_INVALID_VALUE_CANT_NORMALIZE Invalid upValue, it can't be
normalized
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.Value.<init>(Value.java:274)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultAttribute.createStringValue(DefaultAttribute.java:457)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultAttribute.add(DefaultAttribute.java:1130)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultAttribute.<init>(DefaultAttribute.java:254)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultAttribute.<init>(DefaultAttribute.java:227)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultEntry.createAttribute(DefaultEntry.java:588)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultEntry.add(DefaultEntry.java:848)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultEntry.add(DefaultEntry.java:978)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.ldif.LdifEntry.addAttribute(LdifEntry.java:537)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.ldif.LdifReader.parseAttributeValue(LdifReader.java:1033)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.ldif.LdifReader.parseEntry(LdifReader.java:1589)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.ldif.LdifReader.parseLdif(LdifReader.java:2135)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.ldif.LdifReader.parseLdifFile(LdifReader.java:1869)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:31, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>

> for those who are following what's going on at Directory, and especially
> those trying to extend the project (thinking about Raju), we are
> currently working hard trying to close a LDAP API release, ApacheDS
> release, and Studio release. This comes with a price to pay: a bit of
> instability, a lot of git pull and some associated burden.
>
> The LDAP API project is pretty much in good shape. We had a release a
> couple of weeks ago, and some other changes are under way. We could
> pretty well be able to cut a 2.0.0-RC1 soon.
>
> ApacheDS is in a more complex situation. There are 391 opened issues
> (most of them are already postponed to 2.1: 250 actually). If we focus
> on issues opened for 2.0.0.AM26, we are taking about 30 issues, 121 if
> we include 2.0.0-RC1. This is a loty of work, but we have already fixed
> more or less 30 issues in the last 2 weeks.
>
> Stefan is trying his best to follow up - and is pretty successful in
> that, considering all the pain we create for him ;-) -and Studio is also
> in a good shape.Hopefully, it will be released very soon after ApacheDS
> and LDAP-API will be released.
>
> Fortress migration to 2.0 should not be that problematic.
>

> I expect that in the coming weeks we will be able to have a decent
> ApacheDS release, with fixed installers (this is the main burden atm).
>
> That's it, feel free to add something to what I just wrote, Stefan,
> Colm, Shawn or anyone !
>

> Emmanuel

WBR
Maxim aka solomax