Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Wensauer <us...@work.wnsr.net> on 2008/05/20 20:58:34 UTC

Create an artifact of a generated site?

I'm looking to delivery a generated site to our customers; however,
since we cannot make our deployed site accessible outside our
corporation, I'd like to deliver our site as an artifact to our
customers.

While I see that the Javadoc plugin has a jar goal (javadoc:jar), I'm
looking for something similar for the site plugin.  That is, I want to
create an artifact (jar or tarball, basically a container) of a
generated site.

Has anybody done something like this before?  Any ideas on how I could
accomplish this?  Perhaps use site:stage, and then call some other
plugin to create a tarball based on the staged site???

I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thanks for your help,
-Marc

Re: Create an artifact of a generated site?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Yes there is:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/jar-mojo.html

Marc Wensauer wrote:
> I'm looking to delivery a generated site to our customers; however,
> since we cannot make our deployed site accessible outside our
> corporation, I'd like to deliver our site as an artifact to our
> customers.
>
> While I see that the Javadoc plugin has a jar goal (javadoc:jar), I'm
> looking for something similar for the site plugin.  That is, I want to
> create an artifact (jar or tarball, basically a container) of a
> generated site.
>
> Has anybody done something like this before?  Any ideas on how I could
> accomplish this?  Perhaps use site:stage, and then call some other
> plugin to create a tarball based on the staged site???
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thanks for your help,
> -Marc

Dennis Lundberg