Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2007/10/24 16:49:00 UTC

[vote] start up a MyFaces Facelets project

Hi!

Lets start up a MyFaces Facelets project. A name needs to be found.

The aim of this project will be to contain:
1) the taglibs for tomahawk and tomahawk-sandbox as long as we have the generator not running again. I'd like to ask Bruno if we can jump-start with his google project
2) everything which is directly related to stuff which only works with Facelets, being that components or whatever.

[ ] +1 yea, lets start
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 no, for those reasons .....

I'll do the maven work then (a not very sophisticated one, just copy it
from another of our modules)

I am not sure if we collect enough substance for this project to survive, but time will tell.

Ciao,
Mario

Re: Scope of MyFaces Facelets project

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10/30/07, Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> wrote:
> Hi!
> > Before this is considered "passed", could there be a re-definition of
> > the scope of this project as there has been some discussion?
> >
> For me the scope is to provide components which primarily works with
> facelets ONLY. There might be a JSP tag provided, but this is not a must
> have for the facelets project.
> In contrast, I think, a tomahawk component has to work with JSP in any case.

+1 it would be odd if a component lib. doesn't support the "default"
env. from the JSF spec, which is (today) JSP(x). So JSP should still
be first-class-citizen for Tomahawk.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Scope of MyFaces Facelets project

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Re: [result][vote] start up a MyFaces Facelets project

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] start up a MyFaces Facelets project

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.

+1

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen

Mario Ivankovits
Software Engineering

OPS EDV VertriebsgesmbH
A-1120 Wien, Michael-Bernhard-Gasse 10

Firmenbuch Nr.: FN51233v, Handelsgericht Wien
Tel.: +43-1-8938810; Fax: +43-1-8938810/3700
http://www.ops.co.at

E-Mail: mario@ops.co.at
Skype: mario_ivankovits

Re: [vote] start up a MyFaces Facelets project

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
yes I understand, that is why I mentioned a -1 for a tomahawk based
facelets project. I don't feel the need for a separate project,
putting facelet support into the tomahawk project should be adequate
IMO. It is just that no one has taken the initiative to actually do
the work.

-Andrew

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> This is a (hopefully) temporary project to provide drop-in Tomahawk
> facelets support until such time as built-in facelets support (via
> code generation) is available in Tomahawk.

Not a temporary project, just a temporary place.
I think (hope) our Facelets project will grow in the future even without
being a helper for the taglibs....

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi, +1

No problems in moving the existing code (for tomhawk facelets support) around.
I am a bit reluctant to include Facelets as compile dependency for
Tomahawk (to support facelets now in tomahawk we need to implement
some tag handlers, hence the facelets library is necessary to
compile). I guess Facelets could be marked as optional in the
dependencies section.

Cheers,

Bruno

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I misread Mario's original scope for this proposal.  I don't have any
issues with it being more inclusive than tomahawk taglibs.   My
apologies to Andrew.

If you are one of the people voting against a facelets subproject
containing tomahawk taglibs, does this mean you are volunteering to
integrate code generator facelets support directly into Tomahawk,
which is the other reasonable alternative?

Also, is it going to be an issue if Facelets is a dependency of
Tomahawk, since Facelets depends on JSF 1.2 and JSF 1.1 api? (I don't
think so, but I figured I'd mention it in case I'm wrong).

Posted by "Jesse Alexander (KSFH 323)" <al...@credit-suisse.com>.
non-binding:

+1 on a facelets-related sub-project

-1 on it being only a haven for the tomahawk-taglib (that should be
included
   in the tomahawk-jar itself

name-proposal:
I like the "MyFacelets" from the other thread

regards
Alexander