Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Herscu <bm...@fastmail.fm> on 2007/10/10 19:56:30 UTC

[m2] SSL certificate name does not match

Hi all,

I am hosting my project sources and binaries with some external
provider. He cannot set up an SSL certificate for my domain name...
Meanwhile, the only alternative is accept those SSL warnings about
domain name mismatch. I am getting them in my browser and also in my SVN
client.
Now I am trying to set up Maven to build and deploy my project to this
provider. The problem is that I am getting these messages from Maven:

<snip>
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.wirexn.build.extensions:wirexn-
build-extensions:1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from
repository: s
napshots@wirexn.net due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'snapshots@wirexn.net' will be blacklisted
</snip>

...and the artifacts cannot be resolved (of course).

I tried to see if this is a JRE specific problem. Downloaded a
Java-based WebDAV client (DAVExplorer), and it fails to connect with
this error message:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Name in certificate "his.domain.name" does
not match host name "my.domain.name"

Anyone knows about a hidden switch/option/configuration file to make the
JRE accept the SSL connection even if the host name doesn't match to
that on the certificate?

Please help,
Adrian.

Re: [m2] SSL certificate name does not match

Posted by David Williams <dn...@gmail.com>.
Adrian,

I don't know if you have already done this or not but I wanted to tell you
anyway just in case.  I have Java 1.5.0_12 installed on my machine.  When it
was installed, it installed the JDK and JRE directories as listed below.

C:\jdk1.5.0_12
C:\jre1.5.0_12

I first copied the jssecacert file to the
C:\jre1.5.0_12\lib\securitydirectory but that didn't fix the problem.
I then copied the file to the
C:\jdk1.5.0_12\jre\lib\security directory and that worked. Again, this most
likely won't help but I wanted to post it just in case.

David

Posted by Adrian Herscu <bm...@fastmail.fm>.
Perhaps sometime, someone will want to add a switch that turns off host
name verification. This seems to be supported in the HttpClient 4.0 API.
Any comments?

Posted by Adrian Herscu <bm...@fastmail.fm>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Williams <dn...@gmail.com>.