Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/28 23:02:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC2)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache SystemML version
0.9.0!

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemML 0.9.0

To learn more about Apache SystemML, please see http://systemml.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-rc2
(6da9d60db4a5a7adfcc943d954f41153e496866f)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/tree/6da9d60db4a5a7adfcc943d954f41153e496866f

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemml-1002/

The distribution is also available at:

http://people.apache.org/~lresende/systemml/0.9.0-rc2/

=====================================
== Apache Incubator release policy ==
=====================================
Please find below the guide to release management during incubation:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

=======================================
== How can I help test this release? ==
=======================================
If you are a SystemML user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Algorithm or workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release? ==
-1 votes should only occur for significant stop-ship bugs or legal related
issues (e.g. wrong license, missing header files, etc). Minor bugs or
regressions should not block this release.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Release SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC2)

Posted by du...@gmail.com.
FYI, the issue was due to a leftover Git cache from before the addition of the `.gitattributes` file that fixed these line endings.  The cache on the machine used for cutting the release still contained the files with the Windows-style line-endings.  Since the `.gitattributes` file is present, these incorrect line-endings would not have made their way back into the official repo, but when building the release distributions locally, they were simply copied over.  The solution was to instruct Git to remove its local cache as follows, which may be beneficial for everyone to perform:

    - `git rm --cached -r .`
    - `git reset --hard`

Just note that this will remove any changes that have not yet been committed or stashed locally.

- Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw