Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "Helen Johnson -X (heljohns - Infobahn Softworld Inc at Cisco)" <he...@cisco.com> on 2012/08/01 21:27:12 UTC

maven hangs when trying to install uimaj-2.3.1

Hello,
I am trying to install UIMA and the UIMA-Sandbox items.
My first question is: Do I have to get the sandbox items by building from the src?
Is there, instead, a bin distribution?

If I do have to build from src, I am having trouble with that and have further questions:
I am on Winsows 7.
I have downloaded uimaj-2.3.1-source-release.zip<http://www.bizdirusa.com/mirrors/apache/uima/uimaj-2.3.1-source-release.zip>, unzipped, and attempted to run
   mvn install
from the uimaj directory just underneath the uimaj-2.3.1 parent dir.
The result is a lot of maven chunking away until it hangs; just below I've pasted the last several lines of stdout before the hang.
Prior to the hang are several chunks of output of "WARNING" and "SEVERE" messages. I can post if they seem relevant, but there are many many of them. Let me know.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
What is the system waiting for or trying to do?
Thank you.
-Helen Johnson
---

Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.014 sec
Running org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.CpmInitTest
Initialize was called: true
Aug 01, 2012 1:09:54 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl process
WARNING: Processing the request to stop the CPM. (Thread Name: main)
Aug 01, 2012 1:09:54 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
cess
INFO: The collection reader thread state is: 1003 (Thread Name: main)
Initialize was called: true
Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl process
WARNING: Processing the request to stop the CPM. (Thread Name: main)
Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
cess
INFO: The collection reader thread state is: 1004 (Thread Name: main)
Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
cess
INFO: The CPM processing unit is 0 and processing state 2002. (Thread Name: main
)
Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
cess
INFO: The CAS consumer thread state is 2002. (Thread Name: main)

Re: maven hangs when trying to install uimaj-2.3.1

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
It seems like a CPM hung of some sort while running a jUnit tests. Does
this happen every time you do mvn install?

I just fetched 2.3.1 source and built fine on Win XP with java 1.5 and
maven 3.0.2. I built multiple times each time with success. Not denying
there is a problem, just saying cant reproduce.

In case you havent noticed there is a newer version of uima ,v 2.4.0?
Perhaps you can build that.

JC