Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/29 13:43:16 UTC

portlet problem with unicode data , all my lablels and text converted to ????? in runtime

Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I create a portlet with Creato studio (it use jsf to create portlet)
now when i deploy it into jetspeed all my labels changes to  ?????
i used unicode for my texts , should i configure something else in my
portlet to make my text looks ok ?
does portal systems works correctly with unicode characters?

Re: portlet problem with unicode data , all my lablels and text converted to ????? in runtime

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
Legolas Woodland wrote:
> Shinsuke SUGAYA wrote:

>>> Thank you for reply.
>>> indeed im trying to make a portlet application using jsf + Sun Java
>>> Studio Creator , i do not know how i can use resource bundle in jsf
>>> (i know how to use them in struts) now i does not shows some of my
>>> information in right encoding (does not save the jspf files in utf-8)
>>> , so i can not run the application with inline unicode data inside
>>> jsp files.
>>> is there any sample which teach me how to use string resource in jsf
>>> applications ?
>>

>> I'm developing open source portlets on SourceForge.jp, and put i18ned
>> JSF portlet(based on MyFaces) to:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.jp/projects/pal/
>>
>> Please check blog.war. It works on J2, and English and Japanese
>> messages are included.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>  shinsuke
>

> Hi
> Thank you for the link.
> I create a localized jsf portlet for fr,en_US locales.
> when i change my browser locale to fr , it shows the fr resource , but
> when i change the browser language to en_US it shows them in en_US.
> I defined fr as default locale of my jsf application like :

> *<application>
>    <locale-config>
> <default-locale>fr</default-locale>
> <supported-locale>en_US</supported-locale>
>  </locale-config>
>  </application>
> *.......
> , now the question is :
> is there any setting in portlet.xml  that determine default language for
> the portlet ?
> or each portlet follow the portal configuration ?

My suggestions are:

- Check it on JSF application(not portlet) first
- Change en_US to en
- Change the preferred lang on J2 locale selector
- Check <supported-locale> in portlet.xml
- Check the resource bundle fallback spec

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/ResourceBundle.html#getBundle(java.lang.String,%20java.util.Locale,%20java.lang.ClassLoader)

Thanks,
  shinsuke

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Masashi Nakane@EBPass" <na...@ebpass.com>.
 Are you sure that you save the file(psml or JSP or properities file or JSF stuff) in UTF-8 ?
 What do the browser and generated HTML say about encoding when you see the portlet?
 like menu >  view > encoding .

 Masa

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.