Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/04/23 15:24:17 UTC

Perl?

Hi folks,

I would like to modify my XIndice documents using perl but I haven't seen
anyone actually doing that.
Is it possible with current technology?

Cheers

Alex

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London: Software For Complex Websites
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Free Consultancy for London Companies thinking of Open Source Software.

Re: Perl?

Posted by Jonathan Mark <jh...@xenops.com>.
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Alex McLintock wrote:
> I would like to modify my XIndice documents using perl but I haven't seen
> anyone actually doing that.
> Is it possible with current technology?

It can easily be done if you install the XML-RPC interface to Xindice (see
this URL: http://xindice-xmlrpc.sourceforge.net/ ).

Attached is a simple Perl program (doupdate.pm) which reads an XUpdate
from standard input, and performs that update on the Xindice database.

(This line:
    $server->{debug} = 1;
causes Frontier::Client to spew out some information about its
communication with the server; remove the line for quiet operation.)

I am writing a conduit for pilot-manager so that a Palm Pilot can be
synchronized with a database stored in Xindice.  I'll post here when it's
done.

best regards,

	Jonathan Mark