Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jon Drukman <jd...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/01 21:15:29 UTC

DataImportHandler delta-import confusion

First, let me just say that DataImportHandler is fantastic. It got my
old mysql-php-xml index rebuild process down from 30 hours to 6 minutes.

I'm trying to use the delta-import functionality now but failing miserably.

Here's my entity tag:  (some SELECT statements reduced to increase
readability)

<entity name="moment"
   query="select ..."

   deltaQuery="select moment_id from moments where date_modified >
'${dataimporter.last_index_time}'"

   deltaImportQuery="select [bunch of stuff]
     WHERE m.moment_id = '${dataimporter.delta.MOMENTID}'"

   pk="MOMENTID"

   transformer="TemplateTransformer">

When I look at the MySQL query log I see the date modified query running
fine and returning 3 rows.  The deltaImportQuery, however, does not have
the proper primary key in the where clause.  It's just blank.  I also
tried changing it to ${moment.MOMENTID}.

I don't really get the relation between the pk field and the
${dataimport.delta.whatever} stuff.

Help please!
-jsd-

Re: DataImportHandler delta-import confusion

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
Please do not hijack a thread. http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack

Posted by Leann Pereira <le...@1sourcestaffing.com>.
Hi Paul,