Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/10/02 21:21:28 UTC

Apache Ignite 1.4.0 released

The Apache Ignite project is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Ignite In-Memory Data Fabric 1.4.0. This release can be downloaded from:
https://ignite.apache.org/download

Apache Ignite In-Memory Data Fabric provides a comprehensive platform for
distributed in-memory computing, including Data Grid and In-Memory
Key-Value Store, Compute Grid, Streaming Grid, Service Grid, In-Memory File
System, and more. For a complete set of features visit
https://ignite.apache.org/features.html

This release marks an important milestone for the community, as it is the
first Apache Ignite release since the project graduated from incubation in
August, 2015. The main focus of this release is on security, availability
and performance enhancements, some of which include:

* SSL support to communication and discovery
* Support for log4j2
* Significantly faster JDBC driver implementation
* Fixed SQL queries group index logic
* Fixed auto-retries for cache operations in recoverable cases
* Fixed affinity routing in compute grid
* Stability and fault-tolerance fixes

For more information on Apache Ignite please visit https://ignite.apache.org
.

Re: Apache Ignite 1.4.0 released

Posted by myset <cr...@myset.ro>.
Now it's clear. Thank you.

Re: Apache Ignite 1.4.0 released

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM, myset <cr...@myset.ro> wrote:

> Some folder packages are missing from fabric 1.4.0 binary distribution (Ex.
> ignite-schedule, ignite-hibernate)

These are LGPL-based dependencies. They conflict with Apache 2.0 license
and cannot be included by default into Apache binary releases. To add them,
you will need to do your own build of Ignite. For more information, please
refer to the DEVNOTES.txt:

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/DEVNOTES.txt

Also, you can download GridGain community edition, which is Apache Ignite
binary release with LGPL libraries included:

http://www.gridgain.com/download/editions/

Re: Apache Ignite 1.4.0 released

Posted by myset <cr...@myset.ro>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 10:14 AM, myset <cr...@myset.ro> wrote:

> Thank you for great work,

Thanks!

> One question Dmitry... Why don't you include all optional packages in
> 1.4.0 build ? If it's not very hard to do , please include it into build
> script all that optional packages from sources.

I am not sure I understand the question. The binary download includes all
the optional packages in "libs/optional" folder. Are you referring to
something else?

Re: Apache Ignite 1.4.0 released