Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2005/01/17 15:32:52 UTC

Re: "Stripping" the Cocoon source tree

See http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonVendorBranch (just added! :-)

> I'm also very curious how other people include Cocoon in their
> repositories for their Cocoon-based applications (just a guess that
> many
> of you guys use Cocoon for other projects). The entire source tree, or
> just the build (binary), or not at all?

For me, it's not at all.

I don't to a local Cocoon build within each project; I maintain builds
of the Cocoon distro that I can share among many projects (although I
can use a local Cocoon build for a project if need be).  But until we
get our real shared repository support into the Cocoon build system,
I'm using a "Cocoon-centric" repository scheme, where the lib/
directory in the Cocoon build _is_ my repository.  I have an ant task
that copies WEB-INF from the 'coon build, then copies needed whatever
additional jars it needs (e.g. Hibernate, Spring etc.) out of
lib/optional.  It's just easier that way.

HTH,
-ml-