Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by jo...@mindspeed.com on 2003/07/07 21:29:54 UTC

Newbie contributor wannabe - WebLogic JSP Compiler

I would like to contribute to the Ant project by providing an upgrade to
the existing WebLogic JSP Compiler
Ant Task.

I have created an Ant Task for Weblogic JSP Compiler and have done some
prelimary tests for:

- BEA WebLogic 6.1 SP3 on Windows 2000, RedHat 8.0, and Solaris 8 OS
- BEA WebLogic 7.0  SP2  on Windows 2000, RedHat 8.0, and Solaris 8 OS
- BEA WebLogic 8.1  on Windows 2000

But I am unable to test it against the older versions of BEA Weblogic,
especially version 4.5.1
as documented by the current stable release of the WebLogic JSP Compiler
optional Ant Task.
Also, this task was written from the ground up with no re-use of the
existing code base in WLJspc.java

In this instance, what is the standard procedure or policy ?
Do I introduce this as a new optional task or upgrade the existing task ?

The other question is how do I contribute my source?

As far as I can tell, I need the following:
1.  Get a cvs login (how does one get a cvs login)?
2. Sign a Contributor License Agreement.

Are there more administrative steps? If anyone can point to references
or elaborate the steps, I would be much obliged.

Regards,
John Liao

Re: Newbie contributor wannabe - WebLogic JSP Compiler

Posted by Peter Nimmervoll <va...@gmx.at>.
Hmm, what is the problem with the current WebLogic JSP Compiler Ant Task?