Posted to submarine-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/16 22:42:00 UTC

Submarine spin-off proposal approved by Apache Board

Hi Devs,

I'm happy to let everybody know that Submarine spin-off proposal finally
got approved by Apache board. We will work with Apache board to finish the
rest of spin-off processes.

Where we're now?
- We need to finish the name search to make sure "Apache Submarine" is a
good name. I have done search works and filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-171 and will wait
for trademark members to approve the proposal.
- After name approved by trademark (no ETAs yet), we're going to work with
Apache Infra to create resources like email lists, git repo, etc. This also
mean that we need to use existing email lists, JIRAs, Git to do our
day-to-day discussion/development, nothing will be changed.
- After all the required resources created, we will start to move code,
website, etc. to the new location.

Thanks for all the from so many people during the long journey, let's
continue to drive our Submarine to deeper and deeper!

Wangda

Re: Submarine spin-off proposal approved by Apache Board

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
This is really good news, Congratulations to all the submariners !!!

Thanks.

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
Congratulations to all of you!

Thanks for persistent efforts from all who helped in getting this

- Sunil

Posted by Marton Elek <el...@apache.org>.
Congratulation, nice work.

Happy 0. birthday.

Marton

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

Name search is approved by TRADEMARK yesterday so now we will continue the
spin-off process.

I just created
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Submarine+Spin-Off+Plan
which is items I can think about, please add items which I missed.

Thanks,
Wangda

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,