Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca> on 2010/12/31 14:39:28 UTC

Update and/or restart Hudson on wicketstuff.org to enable use the Git Plugin

Hello,

I've installed the Git plugin on the wicketstuff.org Hudson server.  To
use it requires Hudson to be restarted.

I hope that an upgrade to the latest Hudson can be done at the same
time.  I think just replacing the war with the version
here(http://hudson-ci.org/latest/hudson.war) and then restarting will work.

There is a Fresh Ports version here (http://www.freshports.org/www/hudson/)

Also the Git Plugin depends on the box itself having git installed.  The
latest versions are in the 1.7.x series and the Fresh Ports page is
here: http://www.freshports.org/devel/git

Once Hudson restarted I will adjust the jobs to pull and build from
github and also look into using post commit hooks to notify Hudson when
changes are committed.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Update and/or restart Hudson on wicketstuff.org to enable use the Git Plugin

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
Hi,

I've tested locally with Hudson 1.393 and I can get the wicketstuff
projects to build using the git plugin and using the maven 3 plugin.

The same split approach (core -> java 5 modules -> java 6 modules) as we
used with SVN will work using git.

Could the hudson on wicketstuff.org be upgraded to 1.393?  There may be
setup required to install the correct plugins (which I can do after
1.393 is installed) and if so hudson would have to be restarted once
more to get the build working.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.