Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sander Brienen <sa...@capgemini.nl> on 2001/04/27 09:24:29 UTC

Problem with Apache/Tomcat and SOAP

Hello,

I have Linux 2.2.12 installed, together with Apache 1.3.9 and Tomcat 3.2.1
Together with that I use SOAP 2.1 and JDK 1.3.

Now I send a SOAP request to the RPCRouterServlet and it gives me the
following error (I got this by adding a printStackTrace to the doPost method
in RPCRouterServlet):

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:236)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:227)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.TransportMessage.unmarshall(TransportMessage.java:
272)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServerUtils.readEnvelopeFromInputStream(ServerUtils.j
ava:118)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.readEnvelopeFromRequest(ServerHT
TPUtils.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java:22
4)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
        at
7)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

It cleanly returns with a SOAP fault response stating that there was a
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError in /soap/servlet/rpcrouter.

I tried a lot of things. I added the soap.jar and xerces.jar files to the
WEB-INF/lib directory in Tomcat. I added these files to the $JAVA_HOME/lib
directory. I checked the classes in the jar-file if it contains the correct
version. All looks good to me. Does anybody have a clue?

With regards Sander Brienen

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is only intended
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.