Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Razvan Mihailescu <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/11 13:50:01 UTC

Xerces-J and XInclude relative path issue

Hello,

I read on your Jira Xerces site about XERCESJ-1247.
Can you please show me a small code snipet (or tell me
which SVN files to check) with sample usage of
XMLLocatorWrapper?

Best Regards,
Razvan Mihailescu-Baltag

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/w3c/dom/ls/LSParser.html

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/w3c/dom/ls/LSParserFilter.html

Re: Xerces-J and XInclude relative path issue

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Razvan,

XMLLocatorWrapper won't help you with that. Most likely you haven't
provided a base URI, in which case you need to set the system ID [1] on
the InputSource you're passing to the parser.

Thanks.

[1]
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/xml/sax/InputSource.html#setSystemId(java.lang.String)

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Razvan Mihailescu <ra...@yahoo.com> wrote on 06/11/2007 09:20:46 AM:

> Hi, Michael,
>
> I have a master .xml file (artefacts.xml) having
> references to other .xml files to be included
> (codelists.xml etc.). The path from the working dir,
> where my xml files are located, is /resources. My
> problem is that when I try to parse that document with
> SAX parser, I got some error telling me that the
> codelists.xml file could not be found on the path -
> and I can see the absolute path to the working dir,
> not to /resources dir.
> Here are my XMLs, in short:
>
> artefacts.xml
> <Structure xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
>   <xi:include href="codelists.xml"/>
> </Structure>
>
> codelists.xml
> <CodeLists>
> </CodeLists>
>
> Thank you!
> Razvan
> --- Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Razvan,
> >
> > Though I don't see how this is relevant to whatever
> > "relative path" issue
> > you've run into, if you want to see how
> > XMLLocatorWrapper is being used in
> > Xerces take a look at XIncludeHandler [1].
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > [1]
> >
> http://svn.apache.

org/viewvc/xerces/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xerces/xinclude/XIncludeHandler.

Posted by Razvan Mihailescu <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, Michael,

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Razvan,