Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/12 09:21:37 UTC

Apache ServiceMix JS Bundle - Why not dynamic import?

Hi

This question on SO
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15781528/javascript-and-classes-from-packages-from-other-bundle

Is using ServiceMix with JavaScript. And I noticed in our ServiceMix
wrapped bundle of JS Rhino:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.rhino/1.7R2_3/

We have these headers (link to a gist):
https://gist.github.com/davsclaus/5562728

There is NO dynamic imports.

But for example the groovy bundle has that

headers 215

Groovy Runtime (215)
--------------------
Specification-Title = Groovy: a powerful, dynamic language for the JVM
Eclipse-BuddyPolicy = dependent
Bundle-ClassPath = .

DynamicImport-Package =
*
Import-Package =
com.thoughtworks.xstream;resolution:=optional,
groovy.beans;resolution:=optional;version=1.8,

I wonder if not all those scripting language bundles should have
dynamic imports. So people can write scripts and refer to classes in
packages, in other package, usually their own custom classes in their
own bundles.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Apache ServiceMix JS Bundle - Why not dynamic import?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus,

Yep, we should have Dynamic Import for rhino bundle.

Create SM-2200[1] to track it.

Thanks for pointing out this issue.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2200
Freeman(Yue) Fang