Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Erwin Brinkhuis <er...@brinkhuis.org> on 2006/02/16 13:08:43 UTC

InternalUserPrincipalImpl versus JetspeedUserPrincipalImpl

While working on some (Oracle) databasescripts for bulkwise usercreation I
stumbled accross the fact that two differtent classnames are being used
for users in SECURITY_PRINCIPAL:

org.apache.jetspeed.security.InternalUserPrincipalImpl

and

org.apache.jetspeed.security.JetspeedUserPrincipalImpl

both were already present in the table. So while trying to figure out
which one to use (I would expect the JetspeedUserPincipalImpl) I created a
new user using the adminpages, and it created a user using the
InternalUserPrincipalImpl. This seems strange to me, so maybe someone can
have a look whether this is correct behaviour?

Same thing with roles by the way.

I noticed this in milestone 3, but the lastest code has the same behaviour.

Erwin Brinkhuis.