Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@apache.org> on 2021/01/27 16:19:06 UTC

[PROPOSAL] JakartaEE support

Hello,
JavaEE has become JakartaEE, and with JakartaEE 9 the 'old' JMS implementations have become obsolete.
While a lot of users are still using the 'old' JMS 2.0 API, we should provide JMS 3.0 client and server so that we can still evolve and provide our users with the future of those API.
As a first step and to avoid duplication of code (at least for now) I have worked on an Apache Maven plugin[1] using eclipse transformer to create the new implementations based on our existing code [2]. This is working nicely and I hope to be able to use WildFly to provide JakartaEE9 certification with the TCK. Thus we don't have to maintain both source code until we want to deprecate the JMS part to move on.
What do you think of this approach ?
Cheers,
Emmanuel

[1]: https://github.com/ehsavoie/batavia/tree/maven