Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2006/11/03 17:36:17 UTC

Re: Subject: expected a myfaces custom component class in package org.apache.myfaces.custom

>JsCookMenu is a part of either core JSF tag lib renderers.

Oops.  JsCookMenu is *NOT* a part of either core JSF tag lib renderers.

Posted by Matt Tyson <ma...@gmail.com>.
If looks like the problem is in the call to MyFacesResourceHandler:

 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: expected a myfaces custom component
class in package org.apache.myfaces.cu
stom
        at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceHandler.validateCustomComponent(MyFacesResour
ceHandler.java:75)

Which I thought was fixed in the current code base.  Unfortunately, since
the JsCookMenu renderer uses private methods instead of protected, I'm doing
some cut-and-paste that makes the call to MyFacesResourceHandler.

Suggestions?

Posted by Matt Tyson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Tyson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dennis,

Posted by Matt Tyson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dennis,

That fixed it.  I REALLY appreciate your assistance.

I removed the rendit-kit-id from the faces-config entry that registered my
subclass of the JSCookMenu converter and it resolved the error in the