Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2011/09/17 10:00:23 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1171784 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-changelog-plugin: pom.xml src/site/apt/changing-scm-impl.apt.vm src/site/site.xml

Le vendredi 16 septembre 2011, olamy@apache.org a écrit :
> Author: olamy
> Date: Fri Sep 16 21:07:28 2011
> New Revision: 1171784

> Log:
> [MCHANGELOG-123] Patch with support for SCM provider implementations
> (similar to release plugin) add documentation
>

> +Changing Scm Implementation
> +
> + Starting version 2.3, you can change Apache Maven Scm implementation used
> for your scm (ie javasvn for svn scm). + It's only available with Maven 3
> and the new site plugin configuration. +

is it really only available with the new site report plugin configuration
format?
If you write the configuration in the usual reporting configuration, it won't
work?

The new site plugin reportPlugins format is not expected to be used directly,
since it doesn't support report plugins configuration flexible inheritence

Having a plugin *require* this configuration format would be a problem for
general users understanding...

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
oups no I have missed something :-)
It's possible with maven2 too with using extensions, I will fix it and doc.

2011/9/17 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> 2011/9/17 Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>:
>> Le vendredi 16 septembre 2011, olamy@apache.org a écrit :
>>> Author: olamy
>>> Date: Fri Sep 16 21:07:28 2011
>>> New Revision: 1171784

>>> Log:
>>> [MCHANGELOG-123] Patch with support for SCM provider implementations
>>> (similar to release plugin) add documentation
>>>

>>> +Changing Scm Implementation
>>> +
>>> + Starting version 2.3, you can change Apache Maven Scm implementation used
>>> for your scm (ie javasvn for svn scm). + It's only available with Maven 3
>>> and the new site plugin configuration. +
>>
>> is it really only available with the new site report plugin configuration
>> format?
> Yes
>> If you write the configuration in the usual reporting configuration, it won't
>> work?
> The current plugin section in reporting section doesn't have any
> dependencies section to add extra dependencies.
>
> To  fix that I can probably add a dependency to javasvn scm provider
> in changelog report.
> But won't help folks who want to use an other scm which is not
> included in changelog dependencies
>

>> The new site plugin reportPlugins format is not expected to be used directly,
>> since it doesn't support report plugins configuration flexible inheritence
>>
>> Having a plugin *require* this configuration format would be a problem for
>> general users understanding...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé

> Olivier Lamy
> Talend : http://talend.com

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/9/17 Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>:
> Le vendredi 16 septembre 2011, olamy@apache.org a écrit :
>> Author: olamy
>> Date: Fri Sep 16 21:07:28 2011
>> New Revision: 1171784

>> Log:
>> [MCHANGELOG-123] Patch with support for SCM provider implementations
>> (similar to release plugin) add documentation
>>

>> +Changing Scm Implementation
>> +
>> + Starting version 2.3, you can change Apache Maven Scm implementation used
>> for your scm (ie javasvn for svn scm). + It's only available with Maven 3
>> and the new site plugin configuration. +
>
> is it really only available with the new site report plugin configuration
> format?
Yes
> If you write the configuration in the usual reporting configuration, it won't
> work?
The current plugin section in reporting section doesn't have any
dependencies section to add extra dependencies.

To  fix that I can probably add a dependency to javasvn scm provider
in changelog report.
But won't help folks who want to use an other scm which is not
included in changelog dependencies

> The new site plugin reportPlugins format is not expected to be used directly,
> since it doesn't support report plugins configuration flexible inheritence
>
> Having a plugin *require* this configuration format would be a problem for
> general users understanding...
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Olivier Lamy