Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roman Zamorski <ra...@tenbit.pl> on 2001/01/21 15:25:10 UTC

cocoon+mysql stability

hello,

I have the following problem: I've set up a cocoon envirioment on
debian GNU/linux with apache 1.3.13 + jserv 1.1.2 + cocoon 1.8 + mysql
3.23.30 and it seems it looses ability of conecting to the database
after 1-2 days of running... It gives me general java message:

Comunication link failure: java.io.Exception

When I investigated the case I got even stranger results - I wrote a
small java program which connected to mysql dbms and performed some
selects at the same time the cocoon denied to do the same!

I've thrown out exception handling in my cocoon taglib and it turned
out that cocoon (or rather jserv?) was not able to find the class I've
neeb using as a JDBC driver (org.gjt.mm.mysql) even though it works
after jserv restarting...

Anyone have an idea? Should I download C1.81 from CVS, or bug the
JServ guys?

roman.

Re[2]: cocoon+mysql stability

Posted by Roman Zamorski <ra...@tenbit.pl>.
Hello Matthew,

>> Anyone have an idea? Should I download C1.81 from CVS, or bug the
>> JServ guys?

MC> There are no jserv guys.  AFAIK JServ is no longer being supported, perhaps
MC> try tomcat.

ugh. I didn't know it... thanks.

r.

Re: cocoon+mysql stability

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Matthew Cordes wrote:

> > Anyone have an idea? Should I download C1.81 from CVS, or bug the
> > JServ guys?
>
> There are no jserv guys.

I think this is because JServ is bug-free.

Ulrich

Re: cocoon+mysql stability

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
> Anyone have an idea? Should I download C1.81 from CVS, or bug the
> JServ guys?

There are no jserv guys.  AFAIK JServ is no longer being supported, perhaps
try tomcat.

-matt

Re: cocoon+mysql stability

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Roman Zamorski wrote:

> I have the following problem: I've set up a cocoon envirioment on
> debian GNU/linux with apache 1.3.13 + jserv 1.1.2 + cocoon 1.8 + mysql
> 3.23.30 and it seems it looses ability of conecting to the database
> after 1-2 days of running... It gives me general java message:
>
> Comunication link failure: java.io.Exception
>
> When I investigated the case I got even stranger results - I wrote a
> small java program which connected to mysql dbms and performed some
> selects at the same time the cocoon denied to do the same!
>
> I've thrown out exception handling in my cocoon taglib and it turned
> out that cocoon (or rather jserv?) was not able to find the class I've
> neeb using as a JDBC driver (org.gjt.mm.mysql) even though it works
> after jserv restarting...

that's gotta be a jserv problem, cocoon doesn't control the classes
available to your classloader. i would be hard pressed to call it a jserv
_bug_, i'd bet something's wrong with your configuration. maybe ask on
jserv-users...

- donald