Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by DANIEL CLARK <da...@verizon.net> on 2007/07/16 19:47:15 UTC

Custimize Indexing

Is there a way to customize indexing (i.e. add fields and values of my choice) without modifying Nutch and/or Hadoop code?  If not, which files are recommended to be modified?  org.apache.nutch.indexer.Indexer.java?  org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.java?  Any help would be appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel Clark, President
DAC Systems, Inc.
5209 Nanticoke Court
Centreville, VA  20120
Cell - (703) 403-0340
Email - daniel.a.clark@verizon.net

Re: Custimize Indexing

Posted by Aditya Rachakonda <ad...@iiitb.ac.in>.
In Nutch they are called filters. You need not modify existing Nutch
code, rather, you add your own custom plugin to extend a Nutch extension
point. Check out the PluginCentral page on Nutch Wiki which will tell
you how to go about doing this.

-Aditya Rachakonda