Posted to users@maven.apache.org by TomerL <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/23 14:21:40 UTC

pom not working

Hi all,

I have a a project with several modules, all with the same version and
groupId. One of the modules is a pom project contains several other projects
which are jars projects. I managed to build this module and the repository
contains the required artifacts.

When I try to add a dependency for this module:

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>abc</groupId>
      <artifactId>language</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

The artifact is found but the jars within are not in the classpath and i get
a compilation error.

Is there some limitation on using the pom type dependency within the same
project? I have used it with scala so maybe there is some incompatibility
with the scala compiler.

Thanks,
Tomer

Re: pom not working

Posted by TomerL <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

I was not aware of that.

Re: pom not working

Posted by kristian <m....@web.de>.

Re: pom not working

Posted by TomerL <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: pom not working

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Well, not sure to understand.
If you want to build a multimodules project, that is: a projet composed of
several projects, then you should use <modules> tag in you parent pom.
But generally you won't depend on a pom project.

Adding dependencies on a parent pom is also used to centralize dependencies
declaration for all submodules of that pom.

Could you still clarify a bit more what you want to do?

Cheers

2009/12/23 TomerL <sh...@gmail.com>

> Maybe I am doing something completely wrong. I have read that I can
> automatically add the modules within another module (which is defined as
> pom) as dependencies if I put a dependency for that pom module and add the
> <type>pom</type> tag. I try only to have the jars defined as submodules of
> the pom project in the classpath.
>
> Thanks,
> Tomer
>

> Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
> >
> > You might have a good reason for that, but why are you trying to add a
> pom
> > in the classpath?
> > Do you need to parse it at runtime?
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > 2009/12/23 TomerL <sh...@gmail.com>
> >

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have a a project with several modules, all with the same version and
> >> groupId. One of the modules is a pom project contains several other
> >> projects
> >> which are jars projects. I managed to build this module and the
> >> repository
> >> contains the required artifacts.
> >>
> >> When I try to add a dependency for this module:
> >>
> >> <dependencies>
> >>    <dependency>
> >>      <groupId>abc</groupId>
> >>      <artifactId>language</artifactId>
> >>      <version>1.0</version>
> >>      <type>pom</type>
> >>    </dependency>
> >>  </dependencies>
> >>
> >> The artifact is found but the jars within are not in the classpath and i
> >> get
> >> a compilation error.
> >>
> >> Is there some limitation on using the pom type dependency within the
> same
> >> project? I have used it with scala so maybe there is some
> incompatibility
> >> with the scala compiler.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Tomer
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
> > Sauvez un arbre,
> > Mangez un castor !

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: pom not working

Posted by TomerL <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: pom not working

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
You might have a good reason for that, but why are you trying to add a pom
in the classpath?
Do you need to parse it at runtime?

Cheers.

2009/12/23 TomerL <sh...@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I have a a project with several modules, all with the same version and
> groupId. One of the modules is a pom project contains several other
> projects
> which are jars projects. I managed to build this module and the repository
> contains the required artifacts.
>
> When I try to add a dependency for this module:
>
> <dependencies>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>abc</groupId>
>      <artifactId>language</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0</version>
>      <type>pom</type>
>    </dependency>
>  </dependencies>
>
> The artifact is found but the jars within are not in the classpath and i
> get
> a compilation error.
>
> Is there some limitation on using the pom type dependency within the same
> project? I have used it with scala so maybe there is some incompatibility
> with the scala compiler.
>
> Thanks,
> Tomer

Sauvez un arbre,