Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Chamberlain <ri...@caplin.com> on 2008/08/08 12:37:04 UTC

DistributionManagement using repository id

Hi,

In all of my POM files I have a distribution management section. Each
one of them has the same URL to my companies internal repo.

Is there a way to reference a repository in my settings.xml that I want
to deploy the artefact to, rather than repeating in each pom file?

I guess I could create a POM file that all my projects reference, but I
think it would be neater in settings.

I've tried:

      <distributionManagement>

            <repository>

                  <id>myrepo</id>

            </repository>

            <snapshotRepository>

                  <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>

                  <id>myrepo</id>

            </snapshotRepository>

But it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Chamberlain
Software Engineer | Caplin Systems Ltd

Office: +44 (0)20 7826 9639
Mobile: +44 (0)7720 686 064
www.caplin.com <http://www.caplin.com/>

Re: DistributionManagement using repository id

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
You could use a company repository manager, and reference that in a
parent pom that all your projects extend.

Martijn

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Richard Chamberlain
<ri...@caplin.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> In all of my POM files I have a distribution management section. Each
> one of them has the same URL to my companies internal repo.
>

> Is there a way to reference a repository in my settings.xml that I want
> to deploy the artefact to, rather than repeating in each pom file?
>

> I guess I could create a POM file that all my projects reference, but I
> think it would be neater in settings.
>

> I've tried:
>
>      <distributionManagement>
>
>            <repository>