Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rob Englander <ro...@mindstrm.com> on 2001/03/21 15:44:13 UTC

using receive() on a Message

Is there a way to determine, at runtime, if the SOAPTransport
being used for a Message supports the receiving of responses?

You should only call receive() if the transport supports it, so
it would be nice to be able to determine that at runtime.

Thanks.

Rob

Re: using receive() on a Message

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:44:13AM -0500, Rob Englander wrote:

> Is there a way to determine, at runtime, if the SOAPTransport
> being used for a Message supports the receiving of responses?
>
> You should only call receive() if the transport supports it, so
> it would be nice to be able to determine that at runtime.

I've got a design for a change of the way SOAPTransport works planned
for version 2.2. Good point, I'll keep that in mind as a requirement.

bfn, Wouter

Re: using receive() on a Message

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.