Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com> on 2015/04/08 11:09:49 UTC

got performance question

Hi guys,

What do u say ?

I got several variables that I would like to use them in my script, my
question is what is better to use it in CSV external file or to use it in
the test plan itself?

Thanks!

Erez Naim  |  QA Lead  |
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=34323263>
<http://www.theneura.com/vCards/gilad.vcf>
<http://twitter.com/#!/giladmeiri/>

EL AL 2 Street | Herzliya
mobile (+972) 50 9 555 686 | fax (408) 689.1366 | skype erez.neura

 <http://www.theneura.com/> website  |   <http://www.startupbitz.com/> blog
|   <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=theneura> twitter  |
<http://goo.gl/maps/ZRkg5> map

RE: got performance question

Posted by "Masters,Louis" <Lo...@fhlbny.com>.
Depending on what kind of performance you are talking about - memory, response, etc.
Anecdotally, CSV file IO will always be slower than internalized variables.  However, I have never done any comparison testing between the two.
-Lou

Erez Naim  |  QA Lead  |   [cid:image001.png@01D071F4.E931FA70] <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=34323263>   [cid:image002.png@01D071F4.E931FA70] <http://www.theneura.com/vCards/gilad.vcf>   [cid:image003.png@01D071F4.E931FA70] <http://twitter.com/#!/giladmeiri/>

[cid:image004.png@01D071F4.E931FA70]
EL AL 2 Street | Herzliya
mobile (+972) 50 9 555 686 | fax (408) 689.1366 | skype erez.neura

website<http://www.theneura.com/>  |  blog<http://www.startupbitz.com/>  |  twitter<https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=theneura>  |  map<http://goo.gl/maps/ZRkg5>

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments (including, but not limited to, any attached e-mails) may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.

Re: got performance question

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
If you are sure that the variable values will not change during the tests
and you have no need to simulate different values through agents, adding
static values to your Test Plan will use less memory than using a CSV
Dataset Config, at least at the start up of your test.