Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Huaxin <hx...@cs.ualberta.ca> on 2002/09/10 20:37:17 UTC

Problems with tomcat integrated to Apache

When I add the tomcat-apache.conf to apache's http.conf
to incorporate Tomcat to Apache webserver,
I get the following message when i tried to start Apache

cannot load ....modules/apachemodulejserv.dll into server...

I thought it is trying to load jserv rather than Tomcat...
Is there any solution to this?

Thanks a lot!
Huaxin

Re: virual domain problems.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, naveen wrote:

> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:51:14 +0900
> From: naveen <na...@ibro.co.jp>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: virual domain problems.
>
> hi,
> I have configured the DNS server which will direct all the virtual hosts of
> my domain to my web server.
>   The problem  is , when I am using virtual host to access my server, I
> loose all my session variables when I pass from one page to another.
> Should I configure virtual host parameter in tomcat also.
> I am using Tomcat and apache on Redhat machine.
> thanks

Web applications do *not* cross virtual host boundaries (even if you are
using the same context path and the same document root for each host).
Therefore, the sessions do not cross over either.  See the servlet spec:

  http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

(in 2.3, for example, see section 3.6).

You will need to use some other mechanism to share information across your
virtual hosts.  One approach might be to use a cookie that identifies a
database entry that contains the information you want to share.

Craig McClanahan

virual domain problems.

RE: Problems with tomcat integrated to Apache

Posted by Huaxin <hx...@cs.ualberta.ca>.
The "LoadModule apachemodulejserv.dll" is automatically
generated by Tomcat 3.2.0 into the tomcat-apache.conf file.

I can't just delete the "LoadModule ..." stuff coz there
are tons of reference to API in that module in the
"tomcat-apache.conf" file.

Anybody with similar experience for integrating Tomcat 3.2
to Apache on Windows 2000?