Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Alluri, Ramakrishna" <Ra...@compucredit.com> on 2006/03/21 19:55:47 UTC

Arg1 not being replaced in validator?

I am using struts common validator for validating required, minlength
and maxlength for the fields

However, I see that arg1 is not being replaced with the value. Here is
the example:

<field property="solicitationNbr" depends="required,integer,minlength">

<arg0 key="solicitationNbr"/>

<arg1 key="${var:minlength}" name="minlength" resource="false"/>

<var><var-name>minlength</var-name><var-value>12</var-value></var>

</field>

However, I get the following message

solicitationNbr can not be less than null characters. Any idea why {1}
is not being substituted with number '12' ?

Re: Arg1 not being replaced in validator?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
What version of validator are you using? There was a problem in Validator
1.2.0, using the arg0 - arg1 format. If your using that version, try
replacing it with <arg position=""...>

<arg position="1" key="${var:minlength}" name="minlength" resource="false"/>

Niall