Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de> on 2005/01/19 16:16:06 UTC

Portal PageLabels and Events

Hi,

when using :

<cl:links>
    <cl:link path="attributes/selected" value="{pageheader}"
coplet="Header-1"/>
</cl:links>

the resulting html link is encoded in the following form:
portal?cocoon-portal-event=18&pageLabel=1.0.Infos.InfoCustomer

the current tabstate(and subtabs) is encoded in the link.

Is there a way to change the pageLabel Parameter so that it also changes the
tabstate AND the coplet attribute in one link?

Thanks,
Frank

Re: Portal PageLabels and Events

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Frank Taffelt wrote:

>>After thinking about this some more, it sounds like all you want to do
>>is switch to a subnav item on another page?  If that is true than you
>>can do that by configuring the support to generate the full subnav items
>>and then using a style sheet to generate your links from them.
>>

>yes this way i started. but how can i inform my headercoplet about the
>current selection of subnav items.
>
>my layout looks like this:
>
>+-------------------------------------
>|headerCoplet (in a seperate row)
>|
>|  T1         T2            T3
>|   T11        T21           T31
>|    T111       T211          T311
>+-------------------------------------
>
>where each tab contains the real content and the headercoplet switches
>between them. I also modified the stylesheet for tabrendering so that it
>only renders the content of the tab, but not the tab, with its label and the
>link to switch between them. When a new tab is selected i want the header to
>display the label from currently selected tab and the labels from it's
>parents tabs if they are, like the following example when Tab T311 is
>selected:
>
>Current Pos : T3 > T31 > T311
>
>Each of this entry should should also contain the possibility to select the
>named entry (tab).
>Is it possible to implement this scenario.

I'll have to give this some thought and see what I can come up with.

Ralph

Re: Portal PageLabels and Events

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.

+-------------------------------------

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

"No attribute reporting" error

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Our application stopped doing anything.
That started happening after we bounced the server (JBoss 3.0.7)
with our Cocoon based app. Used to work OK.

I am getting an error in cocoon's error.log file:
ERROR   (2005-01-19) 12:13.14:048
[sitemap.transformer.readDOMsession] (/reports/reporting/output/
contracts/contracts-list/html)
Thread-15/ReadDOMSessionTransformer: No attribute
reporting-session i
n session

Anybody knows what that error means
or what might be causing it ?
(I am new to Cocoon)

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Oleg.

Re: Portal PageLabels and Events

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this will require an enhancement.  If
you'll notice in your first email you have an event along with the
pageLabel. When a url containing a pageLabel specifying a page other
than the current one is processed, any events attached to it are
ignored.  This is done to allow the back button to work (or at least not
cause an exception).  What I guess you want is for the event from the
current page to be used against the specified pageLabel.  Unfortunately,
it doesn't work that way.  The problem is that if it did and you went to
that page and the user did something else and then hit the back button
an exception might occur (or other incorrect behavior). This is because
the event id specified in the url selected by the back button doesn't exist.

Ralph

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.