Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Xia Rui <xi...@smail.nju.edu.cn> on 2020/08/01 06:15:19 UTC

Error with Flink-Gelly, lastJobExecutionResult is null for ExecutionEnvironment

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to use Flink-Gelly. The version of Flink I used is 1.11 (I also
tried 1.12, and it does not work as well).

Following the instruction in
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/dev/libs/gelly/
.

First, I build my Flink code with:

(1)   git clone https://github.com/apache/flink.git

(2)   mvn package -DskipTests

Then, I copy some Gelly lib to Flink's lib directory

(3)   cp opt/flink-gelly_2.11-1.11-SNAPSHOT.jar lib/

Next, I start the cluster with standalone mode

(4)   ./bin/start-cluster.sh

By the way, all the Flink configuration in "flink-conf.yaml" is set as
default.

Finally, I run the code from Gelly, and get Error.

(5)   ./bin/flink run
examples/gelly/flink-gelly-examples_2.11-1.11-SNAPSHOT.jar \

--algorithm GraphMetrics --order directed \

--input RMatGraph --type integer --scale 20 --simplify directed \

--output print

This is the error message:

org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: The main method
caused an error: No result found for job, was execute() called before
getting the result?

        at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgr
am.java:302)

        at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.invokeInteractiveModeForExec
ution(PackagedProgram.java:198)

        at
org.apache.flink.client.ClientUtils.executeProgram(ClientUtils.java:149)

        at
org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.executeProgram(CliFrontend.java:699)

        at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.run(CliFrontend.java:232)

        at
org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.parseParameters(CliFrontend.java:916
)

        at
org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.lambda$main$10(CliFrontend.java:992)

        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.security.contexts.NoOpSecurityContext.runSecured(No
OpSecurityContext.java:30)

        at
org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.main(CliFrontend.java:992)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: No result found for job, was
execute() called before getting the result?

        at
org.apache.flink.util.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:75)

        at
org.apache.flink.graph.AnalyticHelper.getAccumulator(AnalyticHelper.java:81)

        at
org.apache.flink.graph.library.metric.directed.VertexMetrics.getResult(Verte
xMetrics.java:116)

        at
org.apache.flink.graph.library.metric.directed.VertexMetrics.getResult(Verte
xMetrics.java:56)

        at
org.apache.flink.graph.drivers.GraphMetrics.printAnalytics(GraphMetrics.java
:113)

        at org.apache.flink.graph.Runner.execute(Runner.java:458)

        at org.apache.flink.graph.Runner.main(Runner.java:507)

        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62
)

        at
.java:43)

        at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgr
am.java:288)

        ... 8 more

I have checked the log of jobmanager and taskmanager, and no error is
reported.

The error seems to imply that the 'lastJobExecutionResult' in
'ExecutionEnvironment' is null. But I have already submit the job, and it is
running.

Could you share me some idea about my problem?

Thank you very much.

Rui Xia