Posted to user@excalibur.apache.org by John Collins <jc...@cs.umn.edu> on 2005/04/24 02:24:45 UTC

Build fails in datasource testing.

I've been using Avalon/Excalibur as an agent framework for about 2 years
(see www.cs.umn.edu/tac), and I've figured out how to do a few things
with it, but the docs are very scarce and so I thought I would dig into
the source. I downloaded the source distribution (the tar.gz files) and
tried to build something, but that seems quite hopeless. For one thing,
the "avalon-buildsystem" is nowhere to be found. It would be better at
this point if you just did not distribute in that form.

So I installed the Subversion client and did a checkout, and I'm trying
to get the build to work. Right now I'm stuck with a failure in the
datasource component testing, and I can't see what's happening. There
are 4 log files produced in the trunk directory, one is the hsqldb log,
showing that there's been lots of db activity, and the others are test
logs like the one attached. It says the db is locked, but after the test
exits the lock file is gone, so I really don't know how to debug this.

Any ideas?

John Collins
University of Minnesota

Re: Build fails in datasource testing.

Posted by Shash Chatterjee <sh...@badfw.org>.
John,

> Right now I'm stuck with a failure in the datasource component
> testing, and I can't see what's happening. There are 4 log files
> produced in the trunk directory, one is the hsqldb log, showing that
> there's been lots of db activity, and the others are test logs like
> the one attached. It says the db is locked, but after the test exits
> the lock file is gone, so I really don't know how to debug this.

This is due to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EXLBR-22. I have
just reverted project.xml in the datasource component to go back to
using HsqlDB-1.7.1 instead of 1.7.3.x (even 1.7.2 doesn't work) for the
time being.

HTH,
Shash

PS: We are working (slowly, but surely) towards getting a new release
out, which should address your issue of the src builds not working.
Thanks a bunch for your comments/feedback, the fix for the test
yesterday, and most definitely, for being proactive in trying to debug
the tests.