Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vsrikanthp <sr...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/14 19:45:38 UTC

SolrTestCaseJ4 errors with SOLR 4.9 (works with SOLR 4.8.1)

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from SOLR 4.8.1 to SOLR 4.9. Some of our test cases
(using SolrTestCaseJ4 framework) which work with 4.8.1 are failing when I
try to run them with SOLR 4.9.
I'm trying to figure out (and fix) the test cases.

We are using maven surefire plugin with JUNIT to run the tests.

Error:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
org.apache.lucene.codecs.diskdv.DiskDocValuesFormat$1 cannot access its
superclass org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene45.Lucene45DocValuesConsumer
        at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([3C587EB0DE791716]:0)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
        at java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader.loadClass(URLClassLoader.java:789)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2585)
        at
org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.reload(NamedSPILoader.java:67)
        at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.DocValuesFormat.reloadDocValuesFormats(DocValuesFormat.java:121)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.reloadLuceneSPI(SolrResourceLoader.java:205)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.initLibs(SolrConfig.java:587)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:162)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:139)
        at
org.apache.solr.util.TestHarness.createConfig(TestHarness.java:74)
        at
org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.createCore(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:553)
        at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.initCore(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:546)
        at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.initCore(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:366)

>From the SOLR 4.9 Release Notes, in "Upgrading from Solr 4.8", I see:
Support for DiskDocValuesFormat (ie: fieldTypes configured with
docValuesFormat="Disk") has been removed due to poor performance.

As a result of that, the lucene-codecs-4.9.0.jar doesnt have
"DiskDocValuesFormat$1" class anymore, which somewhat makes sense.

Question is: What should I do to get rid of this error? since it seems to be
coming from inside of SolrTestCaseJ4. Our code base doesn't use
DiskDocValuesFormat for any fieldType.

>From my observations, SolrTestCaseJ4 seems to be passing different codecs
(randomly) to the test cases but regardless of the codec chosen, the error
is always the same mentioned above.

I found the following on the lucene forum that mentions same error that I'm
getting but in a different context. No solution is mentioned, however.

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Have-anyone-used-Automatic-Phrase-Tokenization-AutoPhrasingTokenFilterFactory-td4173808i20.html#a4195182

Please advise as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Sri