Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by neils <ne...@gmx.net> on 2006/08/27 17:19:20 UTC

ParallelReader fails on Deletion

Hi,

I'm using a parallelreader to hold on two indicies. There have to be updated
everyday.

When I'm performing a deletion e.g. parallelreader.delete(New
Term("ID","100)), the documents are still there.

When i do the some with normal indexreader e.g. indexreader.delete(New
Term("ID","100)) it works.

Thanks a lot for your help :-))

Re: ParallelReader fails on Deletion

Posted by neils <ne...@gmx.net>.
Hi Erik,

i made some several test as follows:

Create new indicies with only on document with one Value ("ID"=100).
Open it with parallelreader.
Delete Document with parallelreader.delete(new Term("ID","100"))
Close Reader with parallelreader.close.

After this i open the index with luke and could the that document is still
inside the index.

I repeated the test with and normal indexreader and saw that document was
deleted.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.