Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2016/09/25 14:33:31 UTC

Testing 4.1.3

I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
until we have a complete release candidate.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
> there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
> until we have a complete release candidate.
Testing latest 4.1.3 Development en-US on Windows with the following
configuration:
System Configuration:
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU M560 @2.67GHz
Installed Memory: 2.00 GB (1.6 usable)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
With the following results:

Download Files
	file			Status
	exe				Completed
	pgp signature	Completed
	md5 hash		Completed
	sha256 hash		Completed
Verify exe against
	Files			Status
	pgp signature	Verified
	md5 hasf		Verified
	sha256 hash		Verified
Install	AOO413m1(Build:9783)  -  Rev. 1761381
2016-09-29 02:39:19		Successful
Using as installed version with no problems at this time.

Regard
Keith

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.
Hello,

Jan (a member of the local german community) asks me to say the following:

he has tested 4.1.3 under MS Windows and no errors are found, the installation works also properly.

Jörg

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
No problem so far with some use with Writer, Impress and Calc (not much).
Both with EN-US core install with French package (on kids account).

Hagar

Le 25/09/2016  20:33, Marcus a crit :

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
Out of an irresistible curiosity I built my own ApacheOO in Debian
Unstable (Sid). It took me several build iterations, starting out with
trunk and proceeding to:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO413

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 4:50 AM, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:29:26 +0200
> Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I did the same tests for Linux x86-64 deb de.
>>
>> I did also some work with it without problems
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde
>

> I installed the Linux x86-64 DEB en-GB and am using it for routine text editing on reasonable sized files (70-300K words) and a little spreadsheet work.  Running on Xubuntu 16.04.
> Working correctly.
>
> Rory

>> > I've done the following for testing:
>> >
>> > Installation
>> > ============
>> >
>> > Windows 10
>> > ----------
>> > Windows de                            OK
>> > Windows de langpack                        OK
>> > Windows en-US                            OK
>> > Windows en-US langpack                        OK
>> >
>> > Fedora 21 64-bit
>> > ----------------
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm de                        OK
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm de langpack                    OK
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm en-US                        OK
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm en-US langpack                    OK
>> >
>> > Quick test
>> > ==========
>> > Starting, creating files, saving, copy & pasting and quitting    OK
>> >
>> > Release data
>> > ============
>> > Version number, "About" dialog                    OK
>> >
>> > Of course not a full QA test round. However, as the fixes are small,
>> > this quick test should be good enough.
>> >
>> > Marcus

patched epm-3.7 (otherwise, produces 'intel' instead of 'amd64' and
won't install in Debian AMD64)

autoconf

 ./configure --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") `uname
-nsm`" --with-dmake-path=/usr/local/bin/dmake --with-epm=/usr/bin/epm
--disable-odk --enable-graphite --enable-category-b
--enable-bundled-dictionaries --enable-pdfimport
--enable-wiki-publisher --with-package-format="rpm deb"
--with-lang="en-US ru de"

./bootstrap

sudo su (as this did not work: fakeroot /usr/bin/ksh )

source ./LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh

cd instsetoo_native/

build --all -P8 -- -P8

Love the generated OO in Debian ;-)  using with approximately 70 k
word document and it's cool.

< https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtxF6h8VUAEdnhx.png:large >

Thank you for wonderful software release.

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:29:26 +0200

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/03/2016 09:19 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:

> I installed and tested the german version (de) on:
>
>   - Ubuntu 16.04.1 (64bit)
>   - Xubuntu 16.04.1 (32bit)
>
> Everything is working as expected.

I got a mail from Jan that his tests on Win 7 were successful, too. I
hope he can post this also on his own here.

Marcus

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Do you know which particular changes I should look for?

The dictionaries are from december 2015, so I had them already in use in
4.1.2.

But I can confirm that the difference between "schließen" (de/de-AT) and
"schliessen" (de-CH) is recognised.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by "Dr. Michael Stehmann" <an...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>.
Am 03.10.2016 um 21:52 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> There were German dictionary changes. Can you tell the difference
> between de, de_AT, and de_CH? If so, could you perhaps do a test in each
> of the other dialects?

There are differences between the german languages spoken and written
(officially) in Switzerland, Austria and Germany.

For an example de_CH do not know a "ß", they write "ss" alltimes. There
are also distinctions in vocabulary.

You can find more information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_German

Kind regards
Michael

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 12:52:50PM -0700, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> There were German dictionary changes.

In this case, we only update the dictionaries to the latest version
available at the time, but there is nothing else to check here, the
dictionaries do not belong to the AOO source nor this project; if they
have issues, they should be reported to their respective maintainers.

> Can you tell the difference between
> de, de_AT, and de_CH? If so, could you perhaps do a test in each of the
> other dialects?

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hello,

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

I did the same tests for Linux x86-64 deb de.

I did also some work with it without problems

Regards

Mechtilde

Am 03.10.2016 um 12:57 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 09/25/2016 08:33 PM, schrieb Marcus:
>> Am 09/25/2016 04:33 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>>> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
>>> there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
>>> until we have a complete release candidate.
>>
>> thanks for the pointer, I'll wait for the Linux 64-bit and Windows
>> builds.
>
> I've done the following for testing:
>
> Installation
> ============
>
> Windows 10
> ----------
> Windows de                            OK
> Windows de langpack                        OK
> Windows en-US                            OK
> Windows en-US langpack                        OK
>
> Fedora 21 64-bit
> ----------------
> Linux x86-64 rpm de                        OK
> Linux x86-64 rpm de langpack                    OK
> Linux x86-64 rpm en-US                        OK
> Linux x86-64 rpm en-US langpack                    OK
>
> Quick test
> ==========
> Starting, creating files, saving, copy & pasting and quitting    OK
>
> Release data
> ============
> Version number, "About" dialog                    OK
>
> Of course not a full QA test round. However, as the fixes are small,
> this quick test should be good enough.
>
> Marcus

Mechtilde Stehmann
--
## Apache OpenOffice.org

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
For those of us in Debian, remove/install ApacheOO is not too painful.

Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> wrote:
> The release candidate binaries, if the release is approved, will be uploaded
> exactly as is to SourceForge. They need to do what a release would do.
>
> You do have the option, if building yourself, of generating an archive that
> can be run without installing.
>

> On 9/28/2016 1:30 PM, Hagar Delest wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, up and running.
>>
>> BTW, I noticed that it installed over my 4.1.2.
>> I don't remember if the RCs used to install in lieu of the production
>> version in the past but it may be surprising for some users.
>> Shouldn't it be installed in parallel (with no desktop-integration)?
>> More hassle but if it's for testing purpose, we can imagine that the
>> user knows what to do.
>> Just my 2 cents, it is not meant to add delays to change that.
>>
>> Hagar

For instance, I purged OpenOffice 4.1.2 directly from my shell, as:

apt-get purge $(dpkg-query -l "*openoffice*" | grep "^ii" | cut -c 4-32)

and installed OO 4.1.3 (<
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3/binaries/en-US/
>)
by un-tar'ring the archive (after SHA256SUM verification), changing to DEBS and:

dpkg -i openoffice*deb

Thus far, Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 has been performing well  in AMD64
Debian Unstable (Sid) -- according to my habits.
Thank you to builder of ApacheOO for Debian!

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Thanks, up and running.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

RE: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice> has the developer builds that are being readied.  Note that these are only for developers, QA, and consideration as RC1.  They are not meant to be placed in general use as there is no 4.1.3 release at this time.

 - Dennis

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Sorry for the delay: Building OSX as we speak.

A build the week-before-last had no regressions.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 25/09/2016 Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
> there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
> until we have a complete release candidate.

It seems that the message where I said the upload had completed was not
delivered to the list. Still, my version of the full (14 GB) Linux-64
builds in all languages with all hashes and signatures was uploaded to
http://home.apache.org/~pescetti/openoffice-4.1.3-dev-r1761989/ last
week. I see that Ariel is uploading those too, so I'll take a look and
then address this in the appropriate thread (the solution being: if
Ariel uploaded his builds, mine can simply be neglected, no problem).

Why did I upload them to home and not to dist? Because, as I explained
in some other thread, this was mainly meant as a test and I did the
upload 3 times; it would have been useless to pollute SVN with my tests.
Of course, the next step would have been to take the same builds and
commit them to SVN, preferably from somewhere within the ASF network.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
On 10/03/2016 09:58 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
> On 09/25/2016 10:33 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
>> there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
>> until we have a complete release candidate.

> I'm trying to build 4.13.rc1 from
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/source/
>
> with
> ./configure   \
>              --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") - `uname
> -sm`" \
>              --enable-verbose \
>              --with-system-stdlibs \
>              --enable-crashdump=yes \
>              --enable-category-b \
>              --enable-wiki-publisher \
>              --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
>              --enable-opengl  \
>              --enable-dbus  \
>              --enable-gstreamer \
>              --with-package-format="rpm deb" \
>              --with-lang="${LANGS}" \
> --with-dmake-url=http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
> \
> --with-epm-url=http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
> \
>                 --with-package-format="installed" \
>                 --with-jdk-home=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_60
>

> and getting
> downloading dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
> downloading to
> /home/carl/dev/aoo/aoo-4.1.3-rc1/aoo-4.1.3/ext_sources/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2.part
> download from
> http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
> failed (404 Not Found)
>     download failed
> epm-3.7.tar.gz exists
> making and entering
> /home/carl/dev/aoo/aoo-4.1.3-rc1/aoo-4.1.3/main/solenv/unxlngx6.pro/misc/build/
> can not find the dmake package
>
> Should I be using a different dmake?
Sorry, I just found the updated build scripts.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
> Hi Carl,
>
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 09:58:25PM -0400, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> On 09/25/2016 10:33 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as there
>>> are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period until we
>>> have a complete release candidate.

>> I'm trying to build 4.13.rc1 from
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/source/
>>
>> with
>> ./configure   \
>>               --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") - `uname -sm`"
>> \
>>               --enable-verbose \
>>               --with-system-stdlibs \
>>               --enable-crashdump=yes \
>>               --enable-category-b \
>>               --enable-wiki-publisher \
>>               --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
>>               --enable-opengl  \
>>               --enable-dbus  \
>>               --enable-gstreamer \
>>               --with-package-format="rpm deb" \
>>               --with-lang="${LANGS}" \
>> --with-dmake-url=http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
>> \
>> --with-epm-url=http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz \
>>                  --with-package-format="installed" \
>>                  --with-jdk-home=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_60
>>

>> and getting
>> downloading dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
>> downloading to /home/carl/dev/aoo/aoo-4.1.3-rc1/aoo-4.1.3/ext_sources/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2.part
>> download from
>> http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2 failed
>> (404 Not Found)
>>      download failed
>> epm-3.7.tar.gz exists
>> making and entering /home/carl/dev/aoo/aoo-4.1.3-rc1/aoo-4.1.3/main/solenv/unxlngx6.pro/misc/build/
>> can not find the dmake package
>>
>> Should I be using a different dmake?
> apache-extras used googlecode, which is dead.
>
> Both the building guide and configure's help point to a working dmake
> url:
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/branches/AOO413/main/configure.in?revision=1761303&view=markup#l29
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
>

> Regards
Thanks Ariel !!

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Carl,

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
> there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
> until we have a complete release candidate.

I'm trying to build 4.13.rc1 from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/source/

with
./configure   \
              --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") - `uname
-sm`" \
              --enable-verbose \
              --with-system-stdlibs \
              --enable-crashdump=yes \
              --enable-category-b \
              --enable-wiki-publisher \
              --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
              --enable-opengl  \
              --enable-dbus  \
              --enable-gstreamer \
              --with-package-format="rpm deb" \
              --with-lang="${LANGS}" \
--with-dmake-url=http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
\
--with-epm-url=http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz \
                 --with-package-format="installed" \
                 --with-jdk-home=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_60

and getting
downloading dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
downloading to
/home/carl/dev/aoo/aoo-4.1.3-rc1/aoo-4.1.3/ext_sources/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2.part
download from
http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
failed (404 Not Found)
     download failed
epm-3.7.tar.gz exists
making and entering
/home/carl/dev/aoo/aoo-4.1.3-rc1/aoo-4.1.3/main/solenv/unxlngx6.pro/misc/build/
can not find the dmake package

Should I be using a different dmake?

Thanks,
Carl