Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/08 17:17:30 UTC

[users@httpd] NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'copy' : return code '0x1'

Hey everyone,

Last week I wrote about some problems I'd been having
with trying to get Apache to compile on Windows. I
received a lot of great feedback and have narrowed the
problem down to Visual Studio Express. I upgraded to
Visual Studio Professional and all previous
compilation issues have been resolved.

I was finally able to finish a build of Apache, which
seems to work quite nicely. However, I have a question
about .pdb files. Please known I am a novice when it
comes to compiling on Windows, so perhaps this is no
big issue at all.

Anyway, after my build, I noticed all these .pdb files
in the Apache folder. According to the help pages
these are "Program Debug" files.

First question: Why am I getting these on a "Release"
build.

Second question: I opened properties on the "Apache"
solution, went to linker, and set "Generate Debug
Info" to "No" on the Release build. However, this
gives me the following error during the build install:

 "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\bin\nmake.exe" -nologo -f Makefile.win SHORT=R
LONG=Release  _copybin src_exe=pdb src_dll=pdb
src_so=pdb quiet="-"   inst_exe="\Apache2\bin"
                      inst_dll="\Apache2\bin"
                     inst_so="\Apache2\modules"
 copy Release\Apache.pdb     "\Apache2\bin" <.y
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'copy' : return code '0x1'

After which the install stops, leaving only a partial
\Apache directory. (All Config files, gifs etc etc ar
emissing)

Third and final question: If I don't get a resolution
for the second question, can I just delete all the
.pdb files?

Once again, I am totally new to compiling Apache on
windows, so any help/feedback would greatly be
appreciated.

Thanks all!

   R.

Sponsored Link

For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling.