Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2020/10/12 15:50:26 UTC

jira patch "precommit" jenkins jobs? (don't seem to be running lately)

Does anyone know / un derstand the current status of the "PreCommit"
jenkins jobs that are suppose to run against jira issues in the "Path
Available" status?

For example: I noticed this AM that even though SOLR-14870 was in the
"Path Available" status all weekend (I didn't want to commit build changes
on a friday afternoon) it never got a comment from the jenkins build bot
regarding the patch -- when I went looking for the "PreCommit" build jobs
in jenkins i found that they are marked "N/A" for last
success/failure/durration -- which i believe means they haven't run at all
since all the jenkins jobs were moved to ci-builds.apache.org?

https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/job/PreCommit-LUCENE-Build/
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/job/PreCommit-SOLR-Build/

...the descriptions of those jobs say they are run by the
"PreCommit-Admin" job, but the links is a 404.  searching jenkinds jobs
turns up a few other "PreCommit" jobs in other projects -- most are
disabled, except for this "Atlas" one which has run somewhat recently --
but it looks like people were manually triggering it?

https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Atlas/job/PreCommit-ATLAS-Build-Test/

do any of hte jenkins admins/experts know what's the status of the
infra/jira hooks to get these jobs working again?

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: jira patch "precommit" jenkins jobs? (don't seem to be running lately)

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Also FWIW, the Gradle “check” task does it all and is preferred rather than
“gradlew precommit” according to Dawid….

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: jira patch "precommit" jenkins jobs? (don't seem to be running lately)

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
It no longer works since jenkins was moved to new hardware.

IMHO, you should use pull requests in GitHub. There we have full support for automatic precommit. We use it every day, much easier than Jira. I'd not spend much time in reactivating it. It's dead.

On Jira it's disabled since longer time.

Uwe

Am October 12, 2020 3:50:26 PM UTC schrieb Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>:

>Does anyone know / un derstand the current status of the "PreCommit"
>jenkins jobs that are suppose to run against jira issues in the "Path
>Available" status?
>
>For example: I noticed this AM that even though SOLR-14870 was in the
>"Path Available" status all weekend (I didn't want to commit build
>changes
>on a friday afternoon) it never got a comment from the jenkins build
>bot
>regarding the patch -- when I went looking for the "PreCommit" build
>jobs
>in jenkins i found that they are marked "N/A" for last
>success/failure/durration -- which i believe means they haven't run at
>all
>since all the jenkins jobs were moved to ci-builds.apache.org?
>
>https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/
>https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/job/PreCommit-LUCENE-Build/
>https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/job/PreCommit-SOLR-Build/
>
>...the descriptions of those jobs say they are run by the
>"PreCommit-Admin" job, but the links is a 404.  searching jenkinds jobs
>
>turns up a few other "PreCommit" jobs in other projects -- most are
>disabled, except for this "Atlas" one which has run somewhat recently
>--
>but it looks like people were manually triggering it?
>
>https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Atlas/job/PreCommit-ATLAS-Build-Test/
>
>do any of hte jenkins admins/experts know what's the status of the
>infra/jira hooks to get these jobs working again?
>

>-Hoss
>http://www.lucidworks.com/

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen