Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Ritchey <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2000/11/21 09:57:23 UTC

OT: This is driving me nuts...

Ok this has been driving me nuts.  JDK1.3 is suppossed to support runtime

Look at the code below ... (BTW I am runnin this on WIN32 so no worries
about setting X up properly)

// CODE SNIPPET

BufferedImage image = new BufferedImage(500, 500,
BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);
Graphics2D graphics2D = image.createGraphics();
graphics2D.setPaint(Color.orange);
Rectangle2D rectangle2D = new Rectangle2D.Double(0, 0, 500, 500);
graphics2D.fill(rectangle2D);

graphics2D.setPaint(Color.black);

graphics2D.setRenderingHint(
   RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING,
   RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);

FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream("arial.ttf");

// This font loads, you can call font.getName() and it will return its name.

Font font = Font.createFont(Font.TRUETYPE_FONT, in);
graphics2D.setFont(font.deriveFont(Font.PLAIN, 18));

// However it does not draw the font to the graphic.
graphics2D.drawString("TESTING", 0, 0);

// Yet this works perfectly fine.
Font font2 = new Font("Arial", Font.PLAIN, 18);
graphics2D.setFont(font2);
graphics2D.drawString("TESTING", 0, 250);

// END CODE SNIPPET

I just don't get it ...
This has been driving me nuts.

I know this is offtopic but I can't find the solution anywhere, and everyone
one on this list seems pretty knowledgable, so i figured what the hey.

Thanks,
Dan

Re: This is driving me nuts...

Posted by Miles Daffin <mi...@cwcom.net>.
You should join the Java Developer Connection and browse the forums. This
question is highly out of place here.

People will be asking where to buy their groceries or exchanging jokes next.

MD

_________
http://explorer.msn.com