Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Randy Moore <jr...@fgm.com> on 2001/08/02 22:54:28 UTC

Override DTD/XSD

Hey There,

I've been working with the Java SAX/SAX 2 parser for the last year and think
it's really neat. I parse and validate XML documents based on a standard DTD
(converting to XML Schema Document (XSD)  soon). I want my users to use a
standard DTD but they can specify an alternate in the DOCTYPE PI (or via the
root tag for the XSD). Is there some way that I can override the user
specified DTD/XSD in my parser and have the SAX parser use my standardized
DTD/XSD?

Thanks in advance!

Randy