Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Keno Newsgroup <ke...@gmx.de> on 2002/09/05 20:56:44 UTC

tdk-2.1 corrupt

Hi,

i had problems to run "ant init" for tdk-2.1. I was getting an
java.lang.VerifyError. The reason for this problem is that the
turbine-2.1.jar file is corrupt. After i have checkout module
"jakarta-turbine-2" with revision "TURBINE_2_1" from cvs and rebuild the jar
file "ant init" was running. Maybe someone should fix the release tdk-2.1.

Best regards

Keno basedow

RE: tdk-2.1 corrupt

Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.
I really doubt the turbine-2.1.jar file is corrupt; VerifyErrors occur a
lot with XML parser conflicts, so I'm going to assume that
turbine-2.1.jar was built with and expecting a certain XML parser but
then you had one in your ant\lib directory that was causing the
VerifyError. Building the turbine jar yourself got rid of the
VerifyError because your ant\lib XML parser was used to compile it.

I'm an expert in Java dependency issues, but this is my educated guess,
as we get a lot of complaints about VerifyErrors and the most common fix
is to get rid of the XML parser in ant\lib.

- Stephen