Posted to dev@click.apache.org by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com> on 2009/05/02 13:34:17 UTC

Update to checkstyle-5.0?

Hi,

Any plans to update to checkstyle 5.0?
It has a few nice improvements:
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/releasenotes.html

Thank you,

A.

Re: Update to checkstyle-5.0?

Posted by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com>.
> I think when we get more into the Java 5 work, we should upgrade to
> this version.
I mentioned this 5.0 version because I saw that at least click-examples
are already using annotations :).

Also it looks like the update procedure is much simpler now since the
checkstyle-all-{version}.jar is hosted on googlecode (I think it is  a
good idea to put there quickly more things get-deps could need - e.g.
click-dev-tasks.jar - or anything that takes too much time until is
published in the official maven repos).

A.

Re: Update to checkstyle-5.0?

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for that.

I think when we get more into the Java 5 work, we should upgrade to
this version.

regards Malcolm Edgar