Posted to user@struts.apache.org by av...@za.safmarine.com on 2002/08/01 07:46:14 UTC

Re: How to install Struts 1.1b on WebSphere 3.5.4 (Missing ressources attribute org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE)

Hi Renato

OK well in theory, the set up should be the same even if you are not using the
default server to run your web application.
Yes the first parameter on your advanced tab - your document location - is where
your WEB-INF directory should be located with your struts-config.xml file in
there. Your Controller init parameter should then just be
WEB-INF/struts-config.xml.

I suppose if you selected a document location outside of the AppServer's
directory, then it might not create a your_host_names directory in your hosts
directory. Not really sure about this.  (Sorry not to be of any more assistance
but I usually use WebSphere 4.0 and we are just using 3.5 for this project.)

So you are using Struts 1.1 b 1 with Jaxp 1.0.1 ?

Thanks Aisling

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          raganippe@car|
|        |          diweb.com    |
|        |                       |
|        |          31/07/2002   |
|        |          05:26 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          struts-user  |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     struts-user@jakarta.apache.org                               |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Aisling Vasey/scs/Linernet)                            |
  |       Subject:     Re: How to install Struts 1.1b on WebSphere 3.5.4       |
  |       (Missing ressources attribute org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE)      |

Aisling

I'm not running my webapp on the default server, I assumed that I should put
the xml files in
WebSphere\AppServer\hosts\my_host_name\my_web_app_name\web\WEB-INF;

A strange thing is that there is no my_host_name directory in WebSphere
hosts directory...

What about the first parameter from Web App advance panel dealing with
document location? Should be the one where the WEB-INF directory is located?

Websphere still doesn't know where to find my file... I'm driving crazy!

PS: I don't have other error. I changed parsers to use jaxp.jar(1.0.1) and
parser.jar

Renato

Posted by Renato Aganippe <ra...@cardiweb.com>.
Well,

Finally, I also have parsing errors.

I tried the new java Summer XML pack but I still have an exception.

I don't know what to do. If I find something I'll let you know.

Renato