Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Nick Dunkin <Ni...@vecima.com.INVALID> on 2023/03/09 14:46:49 UTC

An Understanding of TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS errors in the access log.

Hi all,

We are observing occurrences of TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS in the access log, specifically when we are experiencing Thundering Herd conditions with a slow upstream parent.

The description of TCP_SWAPFAIL in the documentation is a little vague.

Please can someone help me understand what these occurrences of TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS might be signifying?

Our ATS version is 9.2

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Dunkin
Director, Software Architecture
Manager – Architecture and New Product Introduction
o:  +1 678.258.4071
e: nick.dunkin@vecima.com<ma...@vecima.com>

[cidimage001.png@01D6CC8C.6FC5A580]