Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Mauro Dragoni <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 15:25:26 UTC

Multiterms query and payloads

Hi to everyone,
I started to use payloads in my indexes.
However, I didn't find a class that permits to perform queries using
more than one term.
The only way that works is to use the BoostingTermQuery class, but by
using this class, I can search only one term a time.

Does exist a way to do a multiterms search or I have to implement a
workaround that aggregates the results of single term searches?
Any other suggestions are accepted.

Thanks to everyone.

--
Dott. Mauro Dragoni
Ph.D. Student Università di Milano, Italy

My Business Site: http://www.dragotechpro.com
My Research Site: http://www.genalgo.com

Confidentially Notice. This electronic mail transmission may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. Do not read this,
if you are not the person named to.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is
strictly prohibited.
If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
and delete the original transmission and its attachments without
reading or saving it in any manner.

Re: Multiterms query and payloads

Posted by Mauro Dragoni <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the advice...
I watch in the documentation, but I saw that the PayloadTermQuery
accept only one term a time... however, samething might be done with
the PayloadNearQuery.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> In 2.9, there is now the PayloadNearQuery, which might help you.  Otherwise,
> the PayloadTermQuery is still a Query and can be used in a BooleanQuery.
>  Beyond that, you may need to write what you need, since it doesn't exist
> yet.
>

> On Oct 26, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Mauro Dragoni wrote:
>
>> Hi to everyone,
>> I started to use payloads in my indexes.
>> However, I didn't find a class that permits to perform queries using
>> more than one term.
>> The only way that works is to use the BoostingTermQuery class, but by
>> using this class, I can search only one term a time.
>>
>> Does exist a way to do a multiterms search or I have to implement a
>> workaround that aggregates the results of single term searches?
>> Any other suggestions are accepted.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone.
>>
>> --
>> Dott. Mauro Dragoni
>> Ph.D. Student Università di Milano, Italy
>>
>> My Business Site: http://www.dragotechpro.com
>> My Research Site: http://www.genalgo.com
>>

>> Confidentially Notice. This electronic mail transmission may contain
>> legally privileged and/or confidential information. Do not read this,
>> if you are not the person named to.
>> Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is
>> strictly prohibited.
>> If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
>> and delete the original transmission and its attachments without
>> reading or saving it in any manner.

> --------------------------
> Grant Ingersoll
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/
>
> Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using
> Solr/Lucene:

Dott. Mauro Dragoni
Ph.D. Student at Università di Milano, Italy

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
In 2.9, there is now the PayloadNearQuery, which might help you.
Otherwise, the PayloadTermQuery is still a Query and can be used in a
BooleanQuery.  Beyond that, you may need to write what you need, since
it doesn't exist yet.

On Oct 26, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Mauro Dragoni wrote:

> Hi to everyone,
> I started to use payloads in my indexes.
> However, I didn't find a class that permits to perform queries using
> more than one term.
> The only way that works is to use the BoostingTermQuery class, but by
> using this class, I can search only one term a time.
>
> Does exist a way to do a multiterms search or I have to implement a
> workaround that aggregates the results of single term searches?
> Any other suggestions are accepted.
>
> Thanks to everyone.
>
> --
> Dott. Mauro Dragoni
> Ph.D. Student Università di Milano, Italy
>
> My Business Site: http://www.dragotechpro.com
> My Research Site: http://www.genalgo.com
>

> Confidentially Notice. This electronic mail transmission may contain
> legally privileged and/or confidential information. Do not read this,
> if you are not the person named to.
> Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is
> strictly prohibited.
> If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
> and delete the original transmission and its attachments without
> reading or saving it in any manner.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene: