Posted to users@streampipes.apache.org by Cátia Semedo <ca...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/30 16:09:26 UTC

Error following the tutorial to create a data source

Hey Good afternoon.

When performing the streampipes tutorial in this link
https://streampipes.apache.org/docs/docs/extend-tutorial-data-sources.html
after installing the data source in the streampipes when we put it in the
pipeline it does not transmit any message.

Can you help me?

Regards ,

Cátia Semedo

RE: Error following the tutorial to create a data source

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de>.
Hi Cátia,

It seems that your service cannot properly connect to Kafka. Can you please try to start your service with an SP_DEBUG=true environment variable?

In development mode, this flag overrides the connection settings to the message broker (which is usually something like kafka/9092 in the Docker setting and updated with localhost/9094 for development setups).

If this doesn’t help, can you please send the console output of your pipeline element?

Best,
Dominik