Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mikael St�ldal <mi...@ingen.reklam.staldal.nu> on 2001/01/10 22:30:21 UTC

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser#reset()

The reset() method in org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser is declared
to throw Exception. It would be nice if this could be trimed down to
some more specific exception classes. Perhaps SAXException?

--
/****************************************************************\
* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *

Re: org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser#reset()

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
"Mikael Ståldal" wrote:
> The reset() method in org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser is
> declared to throw Exception. It would be nice if this could be
> trimed down to some more specific exception classes. Perhaps
> SAXException?

Sorry for the late response -- still catching up on email...

Anyway, it's probably a bit too late to make such a sweeping
change in Xerces 1.x. But we use SAXException in Xerces2.