Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2007/02/08 16:31:53 UTC

Karma Request

Userids:         rgodfrey(Robert Godfrey),
                      astitcher(Andrew Stitcher),
                      meyering(Jim Meyering)

Requested karma:  Incubator/Qpid
Reason:
They have been voted for committer rights on Qpid.

Vote Thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-qpid-dev/200701.mbox/%3c45B12033.1020509@redhat.com%3e

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
I've been able to commit to qpid for about a week now.

Andrew

Re: Karma Request

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Jim Meyering wrote:
> "Cliff Schmidt" wrote:
> > In fact, one of the new committers
> > actually did have a problem with his spam filter and didn't receive
> > his acct setup email from root.  He asked me about it last week, and I
> > directed him towards root to ask if they would please resend.
>
> Hi Cliff,
>
> I'm the one :-)  At up to 4k smtp rejects per day, it
> can be hard for me to spot the false positives.
>
> Is there some additional procedure for requesting root to resend
> my account set-up email?

See
http://www.apache.org/dev/reporting-issues.html#new-committer

-David

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Jim Meyering <ji...@meyering.net>.
"Marnie McCormack" <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> An email to root@apache.org did it for me when I needed my a/c details
> resent. Took a couple of goes though.

Hi Marnie,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually, my mail to root@a.o may have sparked that thread.
Maybe they're waiting for me to resend :-)

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jim,

An email to root@apache.org did it for me when I needed my a/c details
resent. Took a couple of goes though.

Bfn,
Regards,
Marnie

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Jim Meyering <ji...@meyering.net>.

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 2/8/07, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
> This thread in fact kicked things into motion.

Things were kicked in motion weeks ago when I, as one of the mentors,
send the required emails to root, cc'ing the ppmc and pmc.  I also
granted the committers karma last week when their accounts were set
up.

> As I hadn't seen any
> messages on qpid private about the creation of the karma coupled with

You should have already seen the acct requests that I sent out on Jan
25th when I cc'd the ppmc.  You might not have seen the response from
root, because I believe they typically only cc the pmc, not the ppmc.
However, I watch for those emails and usually hear from the committer
if there's been a problem.  In fact, one of the new committers
actually did have a problem with his spam filter and didn't receive
his acct setup email from root.  He asked me about it last week, and I
directed him towards root to ask if they would please resend.

> the fact that Rob cannot commit I assumed the other two guys couldn't
> commit. I appologise for the extra traffic on this subject as the
> karma has been granted so there must something else up.

Well it was nice of you to look out for the new committers, but you
can generally assume that such problems can be addressed on the qpid
dev or ppmc list with the help of the mentors before bothering our
busy infrastructure folks.

Cliff

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
This thread in fact kicked things into motion. As I hadn't seen any
messages on qpid private about the creation of the karma coupled with
the fact that Rob cannot commit I assumed the other two guys couldn't
commit. I appologise for the extra traffic on this subject as the
karma has been granted so there must something else up.

--
Cheers

Martin

Re: Karma Request

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
The newcommitter page states that all karma requests go to
infastructure. only account creations go to root. It also states that

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Karma Request

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.