Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/09 20:54:03 UTC

Tapestry 4.0 Release Notice on TheServerSide

Please visit the article,
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=38407 , and
show your support for Tapestry.

Guidelines:

No bashing of other frameworks.

No flamewars. Be polite. Many will have closed minds and belligerant
attitudes. They can not be saved from themselves, and will be first
against the wall when the revolution comes.

Simple is better.  Say something like "I just discoverred Tapestry
after using StrutsWorkMVC and was amazed at how fast my productivity
skyrocketted.  The fact that you can <insert favorite feature here> is
simply amazing.  I highly recommend Tapestry."

People will respond to anecodotes better than vague praise. For
example "When you make mistakes, Tapestry does an amazing job of
presenting the exception to you, with a flood of data about the
request and session, and even a snippet from the template file
highlighting the error."  This is better than "Tapestry error handling
is better."

If you use Tapestry or have ever benefitted from support on the user
mailing list, this is your chance to take five minutes and pay back
some of the effort the Tapestry team has invested in the community.
Major releases are a chance to generate more excitement around
Tapestry.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

RE: Tapestry 4.0 Release Notice on TheServerSide

Posted by Aaron Bartell <al...@gmail.com>.
>This is all a bunch of hot air. Howard is doing what he thinks he needs to
do in order to defend Tapestry interests. I'm sure he wasn't talking down to
anyone.

Agreed.

Howard thanks for the job well done and I know EXACTLY where you are coming
from with posting that. I have played the role of not understanding my
actions on forums and have caused unneeded "noise". Simply put there are
ways to make a conversation productive and on the flip side make it seem
like a bunch of 7th graders are in study hall doing IM.

I had the benefit of seeing Howard's OSCON 2005 presentation and was very
pleased with how he is fighting this uphill battle (battle against other
frameworks like JSF).

Keep up the good work Tapestry team, and we as the community will try our
best to provide constructive criticism that aims to better Tapestry and the
Java community.

Aaron Bartell

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raul Raja Martinez <do...@estudiowebs.com>.
Totally agree with Lindsay, we all have invested our time in Tapestry
and we want to see Tapestry grow and always get better, I think those
are great guidelines. As guidelines you can ignore them if you don't
like them.

best regards.

Raul.

Posted by Lindsay Steele <ls...@iinet.net.au>.

Posted by Francis Amanfo <fa...@gmail.com>.
Howard,

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Oh man don't start with Barney. My 3 year old got a Barney dvd for
christmas and not only has he almost worn it out - his mother and I
are ready to scream!!!

Posted by gaz jones <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fi...@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk>.
Take a look at what you wrote...